Thursday, January 27, 2011

{NO} more one mores.

There are {NO} more one mores!!

Going to that office one more time..
Getting that one more paper...
Having one more stamp...
Just getting that one more picture...
That one more signature...

The one more after one mores finally, paid off.
and now there are {No} mores.
The kids are officially adopted.

As time went by, the one mores did add up and end in a lot mores.

A lot more tears.
A lot more frustrations.
A lot more time separated from family.

But now with the {NO} mores a lot mores will add up too.

A lot more smiles.
A lot more patience.
A lot more trials.
A lot more gratitude.
and for Alyssa and Wes, a lot more kids.
but we couldn't be happier.

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog today. What a treat to see the wonderful photos and descriptions of Ethiopia. My husband and I finished our church mission in Ethiopia in October 2009, and have been back in the U.S. 15 months. Your blog reminds me of our time there, and stirs up so many wonderful feelings. Melancholy, is one of those feelings. We probably know many of the same people you do...the Miles in Beklobet, Ashebir from Debre Zeit, and more. We crossed paths with Paul, and Wally and Dushe were so helpful in helping us navigate the legal system when one of the missionaries was in jail in August 2009, and then detained in Ethiopia for three more months. Like you described in your sister's adoption proceedings, there was always one more stamp, photo, document, letter, or appointment needed.
    Your life will never be the same!
    Karen Wilkes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, WOW! Isn't Ethiopia wonderful? I love and miss it there so much. Yes, I know all those people! All good friends. Living there and the experiences I had definitely changed me. I can't wait till I can go back. Glad you came upon my blog. Fun finding people who have Ethiopia in common.

    ReplyDelete