Friday, January 7, 2011

Changes.

I've been putting a lot of thought into the changes life brings.
In my experience, change can bring hardships, adventures, happiness, and basically the full spectrum of emotions.

Within the last 23 days I have experienced a lot of changes.
Some embraced better then others.

Changes/things that have happened:

1. One more sister got married.
2. I live in the United States again.
3. I have a cellphone that people can actually reach me at.
4. Christmas time was less exciting and there was less people.
5. Climate adjusting.
6. College.
7. Now I have to retell my Ethiopian stories to EVERYONE.
8. Started work.
9. I live at home but don't have an actual room anymore.
10. I'm doing the full P90X workouts.
11. Friends have changed or moved away.
12. I feel less happy.
13. I drink milk again.
14. I wish a lot.... ( to be specifically blogged about)

Without changes life would be a constant boring mess with no variables. In just a day we experience thousands of changes. Ranging from how many hours of sleep we get, to what we eat, Who we see, what we doing, and of course even the weather's behavior that day.

The changes faced in a day or a week or the year require being flexible. I like to think of myself as a pretty flexible person. Ethiopia especially taught me to be flexible, nothing ever went as planned. In fact, the entire purpose of my trip was completely changed when Wes was attacked and I was able to accept that. However, I'm having a hard time accepting and enjoying the changes my life has taken now and it's nothing like the challenges I was slammed with in Ethiopia. I think it's a matter of being inflexible as far as my attitude is concerned. I don't want to be here going to school so of course I hate it. At some point, maybe I can find happiness and enjoyment at BYUI but I still have my doubts.

In summary, I hate being in college, I wish I was still in Ethiopia and I'm inflexible about trying to like BYUI.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that things work out for you. Some changes are easier for us to adjust to and others take time. Either you will adjust to BYUI and eventually love it or you will end up finding something else that suits you more. With growing up comes many changes that we have to adjust to, But I think you will be just fine. Just learn to enjoy where you are in life. Bad and Good changes.
    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete