Monday, December 6, 2010

Just ONE more....

Ethiopian adoption process goes like this:

"Just go to one more office..."
"You only have to get one more paper..."
"Now only one more stamp..."
"We need one more picture..."
"One more signature..."
"One more, one more, one more..."
As time goes by, one mores add up and end in a lot mores.

A lot more tears.
A lot more frustrations.
A lot more time separated from family.

Today Alyssa and I were excited to finally summit for a court date. We were confident everything would work out and would be finished with the "just one mores" and would get a court date within this next week.

Unfortunately, that didn't hold true.
Instead we were turned away to do a few more one more things.
Though we are upset, things will work out, even if it hasn't been on our timeline.
We'll have a court date soon.

This is how one mores make Alyssa feel sometimes!

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE that picture.
    I am sorry for the one mores.
    but as always will have at LEAST one more prayer with you ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally figured out how to post a comment--I have a feeling that many like me read your blog & are touched by your pictures. I know I sure have loved keeping up on you this way. This post is right on target- well said & if I were your English teacher, an A+.
    Love you Kate- Glad you made it safely home:)

    ReplyDelete