Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Night Full of Senior Citizens.

After having dinner and watching, "The Snow Ball Express" with Melvin (Our 89 year old friend we hang out with every Friday) Sam, Ellie and I ventured our way to Roberts to find a dance, knowing full well it was basically for senior citizens. My uncle, Bryant, has a friend that plays in the band that was putting it on. Thus, my parents and grandparents both came too. How fun it was to see them make their way around the dance floor. I even danced a few songs with my Dad and Bryant. It was refreshing to be part of something... uplifting, if you will. Almost unbelievable that a dance void of flashing lights, deafening music, and grinding still exists. I enjoyed watching these older people laughing, singing to the music, and dancing every song. Happiness and love still remains. I took the chance to snap away photos for an assignment focusing on motion. Truly, a priceless experience.

We are all ridiculously good dancers.

Dancing with my Pa, or at least trying to.

My cute parents tearing up the dance floor!



4 comments:

  1. You hang out with Melvin? That is so cool. I really miss him...That dance actually did look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure do! aren't I soo cool? He asks about how you and the family are doing. Such a cute old man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this last photo. I'm glad you enjoyed the dance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay kate, I'm new to your blog, so i was back reading. Why in anybody's name are you taking a class titled "artificial insemination"? Can they really teach a whole semester on that?

    ReplyDelete