Monday, September 19, 2011

It only takes one to make a ripple...

"…We can to a certain extent change the world; we can work for the oasis, the little cell of joy and peace in a harried world. We can throw our pebble in the pond and be confident that its ever-widening circle will reach around the world." –Dorothy Day



I have a new adventure to declare.
I've written and rewritten this blog announcement.
but I can't figure out how to say it right.
A friend posted that quote on facebook.
I figured it was as good of spot to start as any.

I believe Dorothy Day.
and
I want to make a difference.
I want to design change.
and most importantly,
I want to create happiness.
thus,
(Drum roll please)
I'm returning to Ethiopia.
and it's not because change isn't needed here.
but rather,
Ethiopia needs me.
but most likely,
I need Ethiopia.
do I feel scared to go back?
yes.
actually, going back makes me feel a lot of things.
excitement.
nervousness.
uncertainty.
sadness.
happiness.
and yet,
it feels right.
I'm tossing my pebble in,
October 10th.
to help Wes&Alyssa's book author,
volunteer in..
hospitals
orphanages
and
other charity organizations.
until December 15th.

If you're interested:
I'm trying to collect art supplies to give to Where Love Is. (An organization helping street boys)
If you would like to contribute, please email me at- katehill8@hotmail.com
Any and ALL other donations are welcome as well.
After all, one pebble will make a ripple but many will make a splash.

2 comments:

  1. YEAHHHHH!!! I am jealous you are going back already. We aren't headed back out until May....Sad day, so far away.

    ♥ Celina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate!!!! I was so excited to hear you're going to Ethiopia! My name is Ronelle Cannon and I'm traveling with Celese (Wes' book author.) I've been following your blog for a few months now and I'm incredibly excited to meet your talented self. Hope I don't sound like a stalker but oh well if I do. See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete