Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A day NOT ruined

Over a year ago, I got pulled over for the first time, on my way to work, going 76mph in a 65. I got off with a warning.

A month and a half ago, I think, I was racing to work through the back roads out of NO where a sheriff appears. I get pulled over. I was going 65 mph in a 50 mph zone. To make matters worse for me I didn't have my license AND my insurance had expired. Can you say HUGE ticket? I was positive I would get slammed hard. After telling me the price of the very expensive ticket, the cop says, "But I don't want to ruin your day. I'll just give you a warning today." Needless to say, I was very thankful.

Now to more recent events....
more specifically, yesterday.
I was talking to Ellie on the phone and going to drop off some pictures I took for a family when low and behold flashing lights appear behind me...
The cop comes up and asks me if I knew how fast I was going. Honestly, I had no idea. He bluntly informed me I was going 50mph in a 35 zone.... I was shocked, I wasn't even in a hurry! In that moment, I just knew I was about to get my first speeding ticket and yet, I DIDN'T.
and I feel like the luckiest person in the world.

It's no secret I have a heavy lead foot.
I'm going to try and ease up a bit.
there is no way I can get out of anymore tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment