Sunday, March 20, 2011

Kid-tervention!

I've had a rough transition coming back to the States... to say the least.
Growing up, making decisions, feeling lost, and wondering what to do with my life have all played a toll on me.
I've cried over it, prayed over it, and been depressed over it. Me and Ellie both applied to BYU, we both got in to BYU, but only one of us was sure about BYU.

In the end, we both made different decisions regarding BYU.
Ellie is moving away in three weeks and I am staying at BYUI.

Making the choice to stay in Rexburg was unbelievably tough.
I didn't want to stay.
But in the end I've decided to sacrive my college experience for my dreams.
I feel drawn, pulled, and needed in Ethiopia.
It is where I want to be.
It is where I feel my purpose is.
Staying at BYUI is significantly less expensive which will guarantee me a quicker return to Africa.
It is worth it to me.

Ellie has helped me through all the stress and uncertainty.
She even intervened, and surprised me, with a kid-tervention!
It was full of rituals (face paint, night kite flying, blowing out candles, blind-folded).

An oath was made to still be a kid.
to live in the moment.
to appreciate life.
to be happy.

Um, don't ask me why I look so... HOT. It comes natural.



1 comment:

  1. Good for you for following your dreams. It is really hard transitioning from a kid to an adult. And it isn't always easy and yet we all manage to some how pull through. Some of us fight a lot longer than others. But its good that you have realized where you want to be and feel the most needed at. Good luck with everything. Fly High.

    ReplyDelete