Monday, October 25, 2010

Grandparents.

Unlike most, I have 6 sweet Grandmas and 4 amazing Grandpas but share genetics with the typical two sets. I love my biological grandparents and am grateful for them in my life. The extras come from an assisted living home I worked at as a CNA. It's unbelievable how much love you can feel for someone when you serve them. I spent countless hours caring for these amazing people on a very personal level. It wasn't always fun, easy, or pleasant but thats what made the job all that more rewarding. I learned to love and laugh with these people. Leaving my "Grandparents" behind for Africa and saying goodbye I feared one would die while I was away.

My fear came true, twice.



This is Faye. She passed away the end of September. Faye and her husband, Melvin, were blessed to celebrate 70 happy years of marriage previously that month. Faye was a remarkable and strong women. She taught me patience and a deeper meaning of what love really means. I admired her husband and family for the commitment and care they had for their wife and Mother. I love you Faye and family.


This is beautiful Grandma Beth. I was told just today of her passing. My heart and eyes mourn for both of these wonderful women. I wish I could have attended the funerals. Grandma Beth was always optimistic and happy and always had a big smile on her face. Her laugh was contagious, she constantly made me laugh with her quirky sense of humor. She was also very loving. A day wouldn't go by without her saying, "I love you, Dear." I hope I can be as happy and loving as she was someday. I love you Grandma.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I had no idea...my heart is broken. I love the pictures, thanks for the post Kate.

    ReplyDelete